trans-coord-devel

Re: Hints for translators about GNUN-SLOT

From: Yavor Doganov
Subject: Re: Hints for translators about GNUN-SLOT
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 00:05:48 +0200

Калоян Доганов wrote:

> I guess you have noticed that the same warning message goes to the final
> ARTICLE.LANG.html too.

Of course.  If you know of an easy way to insert it as PO comment
without low-level string manipulation of the POT files themselves (as
that sounds fragile), please say so.  I don't see a problem that it
appears in the .LANG.html.  In fact, I was thinking of recommending
this practice to the webmasters.

> Generally comments have representation in DOM tree.  Why you are worried
> about this?

I don't remember, all I recall is that you checked precisely if these
empty <div>s do not end up there.  I can't recall what the concern was.

> (define slot-translators-notes
>   "\n<div style=\"font-size: small;\">
> <!--TRANSLATORS: Use space (SPC) as msgstr if you don't have notes.-->\n
> *GNUN-SLOT: TRANSLATOR'S NOTES*</div>\n")

That's how C-j indented it, but it looked odd to me.

> Also, the strings are somewhat unreadable, because the literal newlines
> are mixed with escaped newlines (\n).

You mean "unreadable" in the source code?  They look perfectly
readable in the pot's/po's to me (and in the html, FWIW).

> I've modified your patch this way:

If you have tested this I'll commit it.
Or maybe it's better if I try to remember what was that DOM-worry
about.