trans-coord-devel

Re: Maintaining bg translations with GNUN

From: Yavor Doganov
Subject: Re: Maintaining bg translations with GNUN
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2008 23:14:03 +0200

Alex Muntada wrote:

> I'll ask to Miquel, current Catalan team leader, if he'd like to try
> it too.

> Do you think that could help?

It will certainly help, but also be additional burden for him.

> Catalan messages are usually longer than English too, but I think
> there not as long as Bulgarian ones ;-)

No, I'm talking about something different.  A long paragraph in an
essay appears as one giant single message in the PO files.  This is
not very convenient.  Also, suppose that a webmaster changes one word
in that paragraph.  Then the whole message becomes "fuzzy".

Калоян Доганов wrote:

> One possible strategy is to copy GNUN to repositories 2. and 3.  Then
> develop GNUN on 1. and sync it regularly to the other two
> repositories.

That would be tedious, so we'll probably go with `trans-coord' and
I'll copy the generated translation when I have time (or after the
experiment).  (The question how GNUN will integrate on a per-team
basis is very important, I have to add something in the TODO about
it.)