tramp-devel

Re: No longer accessible host paths

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: No longer accessible host paths
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2019 16:15:50 +0100

Hi,

FTR, I've renamed the functions to `tramp-rename-files' and
`tramp-rename-these-files'. This seems to fit better the purpose, I
believe.

If there are no serious complaints, I'll merge them to Emacs 27.0.50
over the weekend. Bug fixing will still be possible, there's even no
pretest of Emacs 27.1 yet.

One point I'm still undecided are remote buffers NOT visiting a
file. Shall we change their default-directory to the new target
directory, when applying one the the `tramp-rename-*' functions? This
could result in unexpected behaviour, I fear. Alternatively, we could
delete respective buffers (with confirmation, if NO-CONFIRM is nil).

Best regards, Michael.