tramp-devel

Re: No longer accessible host paths

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: No longer accessible host paths
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2019 17:58:20 +0100

JD Smith <address@hidden> writes:

Hi,

> I still believe renaming *this remote* is truly a single prompt
> operation.  It would signal an error if called in a non-tramp
> buffer. But otherwise, tramp fully knows the /method:badhost for the
> currently visited file.  Whether this-remote is a standalone command
> or prefix-based alteration of the full command is not as important I
> think as having it in the first place!

OK, so I have added a second command on top. If your current buffer is a
bad remote connection, and if you have configured
`tramp-default-rename-alist' properly, all you need to call is

C-u M-x tramp-rename-these-remote-files

No further prompt. As always, feedback welcome. (I hope the
documentation is clear, but pls tell me if not)

> Thanks for engaging on this.

Best regards, Michael.