toad-devel

Re: [Toad-devel] File format for tournament information

From: Erik Ouchterlony
Subject: Re: [Toad-devel] File format for tournament information
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 14:11:38 +0200 (MEST)

I'm neither an expert or big fan of XML, but my feeling is that this is
exactly the type of data that XML is really useful for. It is very nice to
be able to concentrate on the data and not worry about the format. It is
also flexible, so that we can add or change things without breaking
backward compatibility.

On Wed, 2 Apr 2003, Ben Finney wrote:

> On 02-Apr-2003, Garner, Robin wrote:
> > Well, the 2 programs that currently process this data are written in
> > Hypercard (Neville's tournament management program) and Modula-3 (my
> > ratings system).  If you can find XML parser packages for both of
> > these, then I'm sold.
>
> A quick Google search turned up nothing on those two :-)

Writing a simple parser for an XML-file isn't much harder than writing
parser for a homebrewn format, is it?

/Erik