tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] TLF run mode problem

From: Thomas Beierlein
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] TLF run mode problem
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2019 07:57:31 +0200

Hi Drew,

welcome to the list and thanks for the report.

Am Tue, 30 Jul 2019 14:26:25 +0000
schrieb Drew Arnett <address@hidden>:
> Hi,
> I think I've used run mode before, but not much I think.  I could not
> get it to work this time.  Observed behavior:
> Run mode has problems.  Start auto CQ which works fine.  As soon as I
> start typing in a callsign, the auto CQ stops and the "AUTO_CQ" marker
> in the upper left corner changes to "S&P".  (Is this a clue?)  I type
> in his callsign and hit enter in the callsign box.  TLF sends mycall.
> Wrong behavior.  I'm expecting it to send his call and my exchange.  I
> enter his exchange and hit enter in the exchange box and it sends TU
> and my exchange.  Also wrong behavior.  In both cases, it sends the
> correct thing for S&P, but not the correct thing for run mode.

As you are using auto CQ I assume you work CW.
The change to "S&P" in upper left corner shows the problem.
Somehow TLF switched to S&P mode and the wrong behavior is to be
expected afterwards. But it should not change to S&P from auto CQ.

I tested tlf-1.3.2 (compiled from the sources here) with your
provided settings (Thanks) and it worked as expected - staying in RUN
mode after stopping auto CQ by inserting a call.

> Am I doing something wrong?  Do I have something misconfigured?  Is it
> a bug in the SW?  Or if this should work, and it was a mistake in
> debian packaging deltas, should I file a debian bug?

Seems we can drop 'misconfiguration' from the list (see my tests above).
I had a short look into the code and normally your problem should not
happen - you can switch to auto CQ only in RUN mode and switch to S&P
only AFTER you leave auto CQ. Maybe I need to dig into that further.

Can someone from Debian please check tlf-1.3.2-1 for the problem
(Ervin?). At a first look there seems to be no particularities.

Maybe you can give a little bit more information on some points:

- Is the bad behavior reproducible or did it only happens once?
- If reproducible can you check with a different contest (e.g. CQWW)?

73, de Tom DL1JBE

--
"Do what is needful!"
Ursula LeGuin: Earthsea