tlf-devel

[Tlf-devel] TLF run mode problem

From: Drew Arnett
Subject: [Tlf-devel] TLF run mode problem
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2019 14:26:25 +0000

Hi,

I tried using the tlf packaged with Debian buster for the IARU HF
contest.  I had a problem with trying to operate in run mode.

I've used TLF and been very happy with it in the past.  Love the
leanness.  Love the keyboard only operation.

I think I've used run mode before, but not much I think.  I could not
get it to work this time.  Observed behavior:

S&P works fine.  Enter send message works as expected.  Type in his
callsign in the callsign box and then hit enter and TLF sends my
callsign.  Type in his exchange and hit enter in the exchange box and
TLF sends TU and my exchange and logs the QSO.  Great!

Run mode has problems.  Start auto CQ which works fine.  As soon as I
start typing in a callsign, the auto CQ stops and the "AUTO_CQ" marker
in the upper left corner changes to "S&P".  (Is this a clue?)  I type
in his callsign and hit enter in the callsign box.  TLF sends mycall.
Wrong behavior.  I'm expecting it to send his call and my exchange.  I
enter his exchange and hit enter in the exchange box and it sends TU
and my exchange.  Also wrong behavior.  In both cases, it sends the
correct thing for S&P, but not the correct thing for run mode.

Am I doing something wrong?  Do I have something misconfigured?  Is it
a bug in the SW?  Or if this should work, and it was a mistake in
debian packaging deltas, should I file a debian bug?

My setup...

OS:  debian buster live 10.0.0 xfce

TLF (and hamlib)
-----
user@debian:~$ dpkg --list | grep tlf
ii  tlf                                    1.3.2-1
    amd64        console based ham radio contest logger
user@debian:~$ dpkg --list | grep hamlib
ii  libhamlib2:amd64                       3.3-5
    amd64        Run-time library to control radio transceivers and
receivers
-----

Debian packaging info:
     https://packages.debian.org/buster/tlf
     https://packages.debian.org/buster/libhamlib2

I have a directory I'm running tlf from (no command line options).
-----
$ ls -lR
.:
total 548
-rw-r--r-- 1 user user 191309 Jul 13 12:28 8316241.gif
-rw-r--r-- 1 user user 264631 Jul 11 02:05 callmaster
-rw-r--r-- 1 user user  79308 Jun 30 23:52 cty.dat
-rw-r--r-- 1 user user    176 Jul 13 14:33 iarulog.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 user user   4010 Jul 13 14:15 logcfg.dat
-rw-r--r-- 1 user user   7926 Jul 13 12:13 pywinkeyerdaemon.py
drwxr-xr-x 2 user user     80 Jul 13 14:19 rules
-rw-r--r-- 1 user user    101 Jul 13 14:39 tlfmarkers

./rules:
total 4
-rw-r--r-- 1 user user 2136 Jul 13 14:18 iaru
-----

Descriptions of files:
     .gif is downloaded ITU zones and regions map
     callmaster is downloaded partials
     cty.dat is downloaded dxcc
     iarulog.txt is my logfile
     logcfg.dat attached
     pywinkeyerdaemon.py is my cwdaemon server
     rules/iaru attached
     tlfmarkers tlf temp file for bandmap if I understand correctly

I've attached logcfg.dat and rules/iaru but here they are inline.
logcfg.dat
-----
RULES=iaru
EDITOR=vim
CALL=KB9FKO
TIME_OFFSET=0
NETKEYER
NETKEYERPORT=6789
NETKEYERHOST=127.0.0.1
CWSPEED=20
CQDELAY=3
RADIO_CONTROL
RIGMODEL=229
RIGSPEED=38400
RIGPORT=/dev/ttyS0
BANDMAP=S,900  # skipdupes, 900s livetime
SCOREWINDOW
CHECKWINDOW
PARTIALS
SUNSPOTS=30