tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Contest simulator problem

From: Ervin Hegedüs
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Contest simulator problem
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 21:04:11 +0200

Hi Ondra,

On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 01:18:54PM +0200, Ondra OK1CDJ wrote:
> Hi Ervin, same, no sound...

I'm sorry, I've tried that a long time ago...

I remember, that I've tested it with pulseaudio, and it worked,
but may be I was wrong.

Now I saw it again at home (QTH), reviewed the code, and I think
I found the steps to start simulator mode in Tlf.

- set up a CQWW contest
- all of these lines are necessary in logcfg.dat:
  NETKEYER
  NETKEYERPORT=6789
  NETKEYERHOST=127.0.0.1
  # yes, you have to set up netkeyer, except Tlf will switch to
  # SSB
  # and see my cwdaemon note later
  SOUNDCARD
  SC_DEVICE=/dev/dsp
- you have to set up cwdaemon as netkeyer
- in /etc/default/cwdaemon (or your cwdaemon config file, it
  depends your distro), you have to set up the SDEVICE as console:
  SDEVICE="c"
  Note, that the contest mode will work without this, but the Tlf
  generated signals through padsp are very distorted. Let's try
  it, and please share your result with us
- start Tlf in your contest directory with this command:
  $ padsp tlf
  (or if you want to disable RIG control nor cluster, but don't
  want to config out them in logcfg.dat, use this:
  $ padsp tlf -r -n
  -r will disable the RIG control, -n will disable the network
  for cluster)
- type ":SIM" to callsign field
- press F1
- enjoy the simulated contest :)

Don't forget to change back in cwdaemon config file the SDEVICE
parameter - otherwise you will hear your monitor signal twice
(from RIG and your speaker).

Hope that will be works on your machine.

I have a Linux Mint 17.1.

73, Ervin
HA2OS

--