tlf-devel

[Tlf-devel] Tlf - QTC experience, SSB mode

From: Ervin Hegedüs
Subject: [Tlf-devel] Tlf - QTC experience, SSB mode
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 21:06:28 +0200

Hello Tlf users,

did anybody made the WAEDC at last weekend (with Tlf)?

I've made 93 QSO's, and 320 QTC in 35 block. Here were many
thunderstorm and lightning at the weekend...

At received direction, there wasn't any notable bug or comment.
At send direction at weekend I've found a bug, which I've fixed
- but I think nobody used Tlf to send QTC's, because then it
would have report...

I've fixed the qtcmerge.py, that is in my Github repo:

https://github.com/airween/tlf/archive/waedc-qtc.zip

Anyway, I think we are on right way, there are few question what
could be good to clerify:

- I've implemented the "QTC record" feature; if user fill the
  callsig, serial and number fields, and then pressed ENTER, then
  the cursor moves to first QTC line, in time field.
  Simultaniously, in background there starts a configurable program,
  which records the QTC. If the user confirms the last QTC, then
  it stops.

  It would be good to find out, how to work it explicitly? Does
  it need a unique key combination, or is it right at this way?

- I've implemented the QTC voice messages - in SEND direction
  there is only one message, which can be interpretable: "Do you
  need QTC?", but as I heard, nobody used auto voice messages on
  send direction. At receive direction, that would be usable in
  many cases, but I think I've recorded the messages as wrong
  (too much space at the end of the message), and when the
  message had been played and PTT turned off, the station has
  been held at the next...
  So, basicly it's a good idea, but it needs more knowledge to
  make the voice messages correctly. Any ideas are welcome.

Currently, in functionality I don't have any other comment - the
QTC handling in Tlf worked as very well.

I'll started to review the code soon, and will finish the RTTY
mode todo's.

Thanks,

73:

Ervin