tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Few modification for RTTY

From: Ed
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Few modification for RTTY
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 08:40:10 -0500

On 02/11/2014 05:54 AM, Martin Kratoska wrote:

P.S. MMTTY is capable to key the FSK, also probably Digipan (I need to
fill the gaps in my memory) but AFAIK NO LINUX software! The very
popular fldigi uses "pseudo FSK" which is an AF signal which is
rectified and switching the radio FSK input via transistor switch. The
problem is the rectifier, its filtering capacity is rather critical. BTW
when I cooperated with Tony, VE6YP on the YPLOG we developed a CW keying
system capable to key you TX up to 200 WPM - it was a very unique
option. Also I collected a lot of experience with such rectifiers and
can say, it is very tricky! Anyway, we need to beat the timing (latency)
issues to get an useful FSK program.

Dave, W1HKJ, looked into adding FSK into fldigi. The problem at that time existed in the kernel, and probably still does. This is why the pseudo-fsk option was introduced. Martin is correct that the interface can be tricky.

This is the latest information on how fldigi does RTTY

 http://www.w1hkj.com/FldigiHelp-3.21/html/rtty_page.html

I also recommend looking at W7AY's web page

 http://www.w7ay.net/chen/index.html

Ed W3NR