tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Few modification for RTTY

From: Ervin Hegedüs
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Few modification for RTTY
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 11:02:16 +0100

Hello Martin,

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 09:47:10AM +0100, Martin Kratoska wrote:
> Hi,
>
> a brief question: what RTTY modem software would you recommend to
> use with tlf? I am in search of a program capable to transmit true
> FSK (like MMTTY does), no AFSK or similar gimmick. Bands are quite
> full of overdriven signals, also the reduced power is no option. Any
> ideas?

why is better the native FSK than AFSK?

I tought on receive side would be better, because then the
soundcard should be skipped (if RIG support the FSK output,
and/or you have a real RTTY modem). But on transmit side, I don't
understand that.

(This isn't an offense :), I'm really interested)

73,

Ervin
HA2OS