tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Few modification for RTTY

From: Ervin Hegedüs
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Few modification for RTTY
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 08:15:15 +0100

Hello,

On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 05:34:18PM -0500, Ed wrote:
> On 02/10/2014 04:07 PM, Ervin Hegedüs wrote:
> >Hello Tlf users,
>
> >New features:
> >* I made a new placeholder for the exchange of other station to
> >   send the confirm message. The placeholder is "!", examples:
> >
> >   CQ_TU_MSG=@ TU ! DE % CQ TEST
> >   S&P_TU_MSG=@ CFM ! UR 599 # # 73
>
> I've been doing RTTY contests since 2002. I think this would be better.
>
> CQ_TU_MSG=QSL TU % CQ TEST K
>
> S&P_TU_MSG=QSL 599 # # % K
>
> Short and to the point. Everyone knows their call, de is no longer
> needed and just slows the process down.

that works in most cases, but I found at most station gives back
my call, and _my_ exchange to indicate that it receives as
correct.

> I'm not sure exactly what the " ! " does.

That's a new placeholder in rules, eg: @ means HISCALL, % means
MYCALL, # means MYEXCHANGE, and ! means HISEXCHANGE.

> Actually I would rather see all the extra line feeds worked on. This
> is what keeps me from using tlf in a RTTY contest.

yes, that's slightly annoying... I'll see that in the future.

73,

Ervin
HA2OS