tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Quick change CW <> SSB -- which key to use?

From: Thomas Beierlein
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Quick change CW <> SSB -- which key to use?
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 06:09:35 +0100

Thanks to all of you for your feedback.

So let me try to summarize your answers:

- There seems to be no common feeling, that this functionality is
  important,

- Martin suggested to look for the 'important' things first.

- German keyboard should not be the base for decisions (THat was why I
  asked). The common reference should be american layout.

- Ctrl-Fx and Alt-Fx keys do not work reliable on Linux/Unix. So try to
  avoid them.

- A configurable key could be used. (That seems to be a decision which
  should be made for the whole program and all keys. It will be a lot
  of work.)

So I think the way to go should be:

1. Collect informations which functionality is used most "during"
   the contest. Which of these is difficult to use and should be
   changed.

2. Decide later on what and how to change.

73, de Tom DL1JBE

--
"Do what is needful!"
Ursula LeGuin: Earthsea