tlf-devel

[Tlf-devel] Quick change CW <> SSB -- which key to use?

From: Thomas Beierlein
Subject: [Tlf-devel] Quick change CW <> SSB -- which key to use?
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 08:35:24 +0100

Hi all,

some days ago Fred DH5FS suggested a quick switch between CW and SSB
mode without the need to type ':CW' or ':SSB'.

I had a look at some possible key combinations or better a single key.

I would suggest using the caret '^' for that. It is

- a single key press
- is not needed for other things in qso
- unused so far
- has a good place on (german) keyboard layout (upper left corner).

What do you think about it? Please check the location on your keyboard.

73, de Tom DL1JBE

--
"Do what is needful!"
Ursula LeGuin: Earthsea