tlf-devel

[Tlf-devel] noob question- tlf sound files

From: Jim Bruce
Subject: [Tlf-devel] noob question- tlf sound files
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2012 14:39:10 -0500 (EST)

OK, going to try tlf (tlf 1.1.0/Ubuntu 10.04LTS) this weekend finally. It is in
the :ssb mode. I've played with it in cw for a while so on to ssb. I would
prefer to use linux for my shack and move away from windows as much as I can. I
have .wav files listed below in the logcfg.dat file. These were used in n1mm
and some were added using Sound Recorder in Ubuntu. While I'm not a master of
the logcfg or the rules cfg files.
1- How do I play/enable the sound files to send the files to the radio? (F#
keys for cw)
2- Is the logcfg.dat info below correct? I am using my sound card and not a
voice keyer.
3- For a sound card, should I put the sound paths in the Function key list
where the cw info is, in the Alt # keys or is it OK in the VKM# area?

Pressing F1 brings up a GNOME help file, Alt 1 brings up the qso note (Alt n).

Thanx,
Jim/W3FA

###############################
# ARRL DX CONTEST (Stateside) #
###############################
#
CONTEST=arrldx_usa
LOGFILE=arrltest.log
CONTEST_MODE
#
RECALL_MULTS
#
##################################
#                                #
#  Messages F1= to F12=          #
#  Message CW_TU_MSG=            #
#  Message S&P_TU_MSG=           #
#                                #
#  % = call                              #
#  @ = hiscall                   #
#  # = serial                    #
#  [ = RST                       #
#  + = increase cw speed         #
#  - = decrease cw speed         #
#     (works only with parport   #
#       interface)               #
#                                #
##################################
#
#F1=TEST %
#F2=@ DE %
#F3=@ ++5NN--MD
#F4=TU 73
#F5= @
#F6=%
#F7=@ SRI QSO B4 GL
#F8=AGN
#F9= ?
#F10= QRZ?
#F11= PSE K
#F12=++++TEST---- % %
#
CW_TU_MSG=TU %
S&P_TU_MSG=TU 5NN MD
#
#ALT_0=
#ALT_1=
#ALT_2=
#ALT_3=
#ALT_4=
#ALT_5=
#ALT_6=
#ALT_7=
#ALT_8=
#ALT_9=
#
#################################
#                               #
#  Voice Keyer Files            #
#    (F1 to F12)                #
#################################
#
VKM1=/home/jim/tlf/cq.wav  (examples...)
VKM2=/home/jim/tlf/w3fa.wav
VKM3=/home/jim/tlf/rst.wav
VKM4=/home/jim/tlf/qsl.wav
VKM5=/home/jim/tlf/73.wav
VKM6=/home/jim/tlf/call.wav
VKM7=/home/jim/tlf/QSOB4.wav
VKM8=
VKM9=/home/jim/tlf/agn.wav
VKM10=/home/jim/tlf/qrz.wav
VKM11=/home/jim/tlf/spreturn.wav
VKM12=/home/jim/tlf/cq2.wav
VKSPR=/home/jim/tlf/spreturn.wav (S&P return message)
VKCWR=/home/jim/tlf/qsl.wav     (CQ mode return message)
#