tlf-devel

[Tlf-devel] Re: TLF country resolution

From: Rein Couperus
Subject: [Tlf-devel] Re: TLF country resolution
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 23:09:23 +0100

Hi Martin, nice to work you from TS7N...

you are right, tlf does not know about prefixes at the moment, it just looks
at the length, assuming the shorter part before or after the slash is the
prefix. Of course this fails when both parts are the same length. I can even
think about P3A/CE0Y coming on the band and tlf thinks it is Cyprus.

I get your point about calls and prefixes. I had not looked at it that way,
and the concept is interesting. One problem is that cty.dat does not make the
difference either. And I would hate to use a country file I have to maintain
myself, as tlf takes enough of my time already :-)
Anyway, the cty.dat parser is going to be completely rewritten this winter,
and I will take your ideas into account. Maybe I must hard code these
exceptional prefixes into tlf.

Now we hope that WP2E/VP2E refrains from contesting in the mean time...

73, Rein PA0R

BTW, we made 10k qso's in the M2 class, which means LOTS of log checking :-)

--
address@hidden or address@hidden
http://www.couperus.com