tlf-devel

[Tlf-devel] TLF country resolution

From: Martin Kratoska
Subject: [Tlf-devel] TLF country resolution
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 19:28:25 +0100

It sounds rather unlikely that a call like WP2E/VP2E appears but,
surprisingly, such call is incorrectly resolved. Of course, both
WP2E/VP2E and VP2E/WP2E are Anguilla and not Brit. Virgin Isl.

More interesting seems that TLF does not know what is a 'call' (which
can be used as 'slashed') and what is a prefix. Actually, VP2 is NOT a
valid prefix but VP2E, VP2M and VP2V are. The same applies to VK9, CE0
etc. Thus, I introduced so called 'extended prefix' into my country
tables (used in YPLOG) which can be accurate. Remember that both 'CEPT
style' calls like J3/G4ABC and 'classic' like W4ABC/J3 are possible.
We need probably to search for both strings '/extended_prefix' and
'extended_prefix/'.

73,
 Martin
 address@hidden