tiger-devel

[Tiger-devel] Update of check_account security check.

From: Ryan Bradetich
Subject: [Tiger-devel] Update of check_account security check.
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 20:33:27 -0700

Hello all,

I previously avoiding merging this security check because it looked
complicated :) and I knew things had changed on both sides making the
merge more complex.  Well, I finally broke down and analyzed the
differences in my tree vs the savannah tree and broke it up into 4
patches that need to be merged into the savannah tree.

I purposely broke it up into these 4 patches instead of a single larger
patch because it makes the patches _much_ more readable and digestable.
I also wanted to give people the chance to comment on each individual
piece w/o throwing out the whole patch if there was an
concerns/questions.

I am currently planning on committing these patches on Thursday unless
there are questions/concerns.

Thanks!

- Ryan

PATCHES:

Remove redundant check with check_passwd
http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?func=detailitem&item_id=2466

Fix the assignment of default dotfiles
http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?func=detailitem&item_id=2467

Cleanup and comment check_disabled() function.
http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?func=detailitem&item_id=2468

Add new check: Parent of homedir must be owned by administrative user.
http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?func=detailitem&item_id=2469