therion-users

Re: [Therion] atlas map queries

From: Wookey
Subject: Re: [Therion] atlas map queries
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 14:11:55 +0000

On 2006-12-21 13:25 +0100, Stacho Mudrak wrote:
> Quoting Wookey <address@hidden>:
> > 1) There are various blank pages. Why is this?
> > e.g. page17,18,19
>
> Until now, we did not find an efficient way how to detect whether
> there is something drawn on the page. We use scrap outline, so if
> there is "diagonal" scrap, pages in 2 corners becomes empty.
>
> We remove empty pages at the end, when everything is ready (I guess
> using layout exclude-pages option).

OK. Fair enough. I will do it that way.

> > 2) Note that whenever the cave crosses the 'edge of atlas page' line
> > there is a fill glitch:
> > Left hand side page 1, Right hand uppper page 2
>
> ? I am not able to see this, could you please highlight it on some
> small picture?

Ah, OK. it is an evince rendering bug. It renders OK in xpdf. I will
file a bug.

> > These plots done on therion 0.3.10 as I am having problems with 0.4.0.
>
> What kind of problems with 0.4.0 do you have?

Mostly 'my debian packaging' I think. It seems to be running in debug
mode and generating reams of output and then I got some error. And
loch killed my X server!

That is original 0.4.0 release. I need to incorporate latest code and
then test again. Then I can give you usewful bug reports.

I just went back to 0.3.10 so I could get some actual drawing done :-)

Wookey
work: http://www.aleph1.co.uk/                 play: http://wookware.org/