therion-users

[Therion] Nesting surveys

From: Andrew Atkinson
Subject: [Therion] Nesting surveys
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 17:44:26 -0000

Hello

I have been working on a largish survey project (25km surveyed in month) for
the last few months. Each section of cave is split into scraps and compiled
with the a file like

survey The_Ashes_Seriesth

import The_Ashes_Series.3d -surveys use
input The_Ashes_Series.th2

map The_Ashes_SeriesMap -title "The Ashes Series"
  The_Ashes_SeriesScPl1
  The_Ashes_SeriesScPl2
  The_Ashes_SeriesScPl3
  The_Ashes_SeriesScPl4
  The_Ashes_SeriesScPl5
  The_Ashes_SeriesScPl6
  The_Ashes_SeriesScPl7
  The_Ashes_SeriesScPl8
endmap

join The_Ashes_SeriesScPl1 The_Ashes_SeriesScPl2 -smooth on
join The_Ashes_SeriesScPl2 The_Ashes_SeriesScPl4 -smooth on
join The_Ashes_SeriesScPl4 The_Ashes_SeriesScPl3 -smooth on
join The_Ashes_SeriesScPl3 The_Ashes_SeriesScPl5 -smooth on
join The_Ashes_SeriesScPl5 The_Ashes_SeriesScPl6 -smooth on
join The_Ashes_SeriesScPl5 The_Ashes_SeriesScPl7 -smooth on
#join The_Ashes_SeriesScPl7 The_Ashes_SeriesScPl8 -smooth on

Endsurvey

As you can see I am using survex files direct. This works fine. However when
I come to compile the whole cave, rather than copying the above text into
another document I have tried to include the file. However, as it is in a
survey the station names get prefixed. The above also imports the 3d file,
but in the overall compilation, I need to use the compiled 3d file.

I end up having to comment out the survey, end survey and import lines,
which becomes tedious.
This will get worse when we try to put lots of caves on the same map. Am I
missing something?

Andrew