therion-users

Re: [Therion] [therion] Re: 3D models

From: Wolfgang Zillig
Subject: Re: [Therion] [therion] Re: 3D models
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 14:40:13 +0100

Hello Stacho,

thank you for your fast reply!

Stacho Mudrak schrieb:

>Quoting Wolfgang Zillig <address@hidden>:
>

>>1. I want to achieve that invisible parts are hidden (the surface grid
>>on the backside of the hill). Is this possible? I would estimate that
>>this is not possible with the format svx but what about vrml or 3dmf?
>>

>What operating system do you use? You can edit vrml by hand - there is some
>transparency switch. To view 3dmf effectively, you need a MacOS and Geo3D.

I'm under WinXP ;-((
Can you give me some references to the documentation of vrml? I think
I'll have to prepare my surfave grid better (triangles) or something
like this and not independent lines in x and y direction.
When I've seen it right, the coordinate in the vrml file are not in real
UTM coordinates. Can you give me a hint how to prepare my data so that I
can include it manually?

>>2. The overlay of a (half transparant) jpg graphic would also be nice.
>>Possible?
>>

>Not yet in therion, but I am actually working on it.

that sounds nice! If you need someone for testing...

>>3. Can you reccomend a good viewer for vrml and 3dmf? I use at the
>>moment the cortona vrml plugin for the internetexplorer but I'm not
>>completely happy with it. I don't have a player for 3dmf at all on my
>>computer.
>>

>Well, to be honest - I do not know any good player, therefore I started to work
>on my own :) Release is scheduled to april'06 :(

I think I can wait! The next few moth I will not have too much time to
create 3D models. First one week of caving somewhere in France and in
Februar is already the next expedition scheduled.

>>4. Is it possible to get a 3d model of the cave by lrud data? Up to now
>>I did not type these into the input files?
>>

>Yes, it should be.

I will try out this, but first I have to get the lrud data ;-((

Wolfgang