sysvinit-devel

Re: [sysvinit-devel] Older startpar tarballs?

From: Petter Reinholdtsen
Subject: Re: [sysvinit-devel] Older startpar tarballs?
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 12:49:10 +0100

[Dr. Werner Fink]
> Sorry for the delay.  I'm very busy with systemd :}

Aha.  Any fun war stories to share? :)

> The latest version can be found at
>
>  https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/Base:System/sysvinit

Thanks.  Do you have earlier versions too?  I managed to find some
older versions, and placed them in
0.54, 0.57 and 0.58), but failed to find the other versions.

I plan to split out startpar into its own package in Debian, to make
it easier to maintain.  At the moment it exist as a patch against the
sysvinit package, and is a true pain to work with.

> beside this the last insserv SVN seems to have problems talking with
> systemd which had the lead to a simple perl script here for insserv
> below systemd systems.

I'm just starting to look at systemd/insserv integration, after
noticing it as one of the new things in insserv 0.16.0.  Can you tell
us more?  Any but reports to point to?

> Also there is a bug in sulogin with the single linked list of
> consoles.  The version of util-linux I've ported is OK as it uses a
> double linked list.

Perhaps something to fix in sysvinit too?

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen