synaptic-devel

Re: [Synaptic-devel] Distribution switch in main window

From: sashko
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] Distribution switch in main window
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 13:50:58 -0400

on 08/26/04 12:58 Jens Hatlak wrote:

The problem is not the combobox but the location: the dialog. I have set
the package properties to appear in the main window and I liked the old
behaviour (radio buttons directly accessible in the main window) very much.
agree! And the main point here is accessibility!

Banning this option away to a dialog forces me to take the long way through
the menu - it's the same with the distribution switch: In my opinion,
often-used features should be accessible easily. A dialog takes away the
focus from the main window. Unless I cannot do anything else anyway while
it's open (Update, Apply), I don't like this kind of disruption from the
normal work flow - which happens within the main window.
me too. And I still have a little hope that developers will bring that feature back