synaptic-devel

[Synaptic-devel] Distribution switch in main window

From: Jens Hatlak
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] Distribution switch in main window
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 23:05:08 +0200

Hi list!

I'm new here, but not to Synaptic itself. I like it very much, especially the Distribution switch on the Experts tab in Preferences. My Debian system is testing/unstable, which means I normally use testing but switch to unstable very often to install newly-released versions of software like KDE. The Distribution switch allows me to both keep my system consistent and install software from unstable with all dependencies satisfied.

What I'd like to see is that very Distribution switch in the main Synaptic window, e.g. next to the search button. Off by default and only activatable for experts, of course. I think it would be very handy.

Another question I'd like to ask is whether the ability to select from which distribution a single package should be installed (using radio buttons) will come back. It was present in earlier versions (0.4x I think) but went away, due to a rewrite I guess.

Greetings,

Jens

--
Jens Hatlak <http://jens.hatlak.de/>