synaptic-devel

[Synaptic-devel] Testversion 1 for 0.53 available

From: Michael Vogt
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] Testversion 1 for 0.53 available
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 18:34:13 +0200

Dear Friends,

we would like to ask for testing for the upcoming 0.53 version. We put
a testversion online at:

http://people.debian.org/~mvo/synaptic/0.53

(source and deb). Sebastian also build packages for FC2 and Suse:

http://www.pimplcup.de/synaptic/synaptic-0.53-0.1.fc2.i386.rpm
http://www.pimplcup.de/synaptic/synaptic-debuginfo-0.53-0.1.fc2.i386.rpm
http://www.pimplcup.de/synaptic/synaptic-0.53-0.1.suse91.i586.rpm

For the translators, the current translations can be found at:
https://oops.kerneljanitors.org/repos/synaptic/trunk/po

We fixed quite a few bugs and added some features:
 - sort by Available Version and Installed Version
 - task support (if distribution supports it)
 - GPG-Check button in Summary Window for RPM systems
 - Properties of the package can optionally be shown in main window
 - reworked the column editor (thanks Sebastian)
 - various bugfixes

Please reporting any problems!

thanks,
 Michael
--
The first rule of holes is: when you find yourself in one, stop digging. - PJ