synaptic-devel

Re: [Synaptic-devel] [Bug #3311] support /etc/apt/sources.list.d/

From: Panu Matilainen
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] [Bug #3311] support /etc/apt/sources.list.d/
Date: 24 Apr 2003 21:40:20 +0300

On Thu, 2003-04-24 at 16:48, Gustavo Niemeyer wrote:
> > Synaptic doesn't see anything in the sources.list.d directory since it's
> > doing all the reading and parsing of sources.list by itself. I have
> > beginnings of a patch to add support for it, it's easy to make it read the
> > sources.list.d stuff (basically just copy the relevant code from apt-rpm),
>
> Woohoo! :-)
>
> > editing them sanely is another issue: without proper support for it in the
> > editor the changes will be written to sources.list instead of the
> > originating sources.list.d entry. I started work on it as well but
> > didn't quite finish it (C++ is anything but "native tongue"  for me :).
>
> That's great.. I was worried about that when I accepted the multiple
> sources.list patch. I'm glad you're working on it.
>
> Please, leave us informed about problems you have, and progress you make.

Well, here's the first sort-of-working version of the patch. Fire at
will (== suggestions welcome :)

It seems to work ok actually, except that since I didn't add entry
filename entry to the sourcelist editor GUI it now has to hardcode
/etc/apt/sources.list in there to put user added source-entries
someplace. I guess the filename has to be added in the GUI...

P.S. While playing with this I noticed that synaptic adds an extra empty
line each time it writes the sources.list - that happens on unpatched
0.36.1 at least and I think I've seen it with earlier versions as well.

        - Panu -