synaptic-devel

Re: [Synaptic-devel] [Bug #3311] support /etc/apt/sources.list.d/

From: Panu Matilainen
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] [Bug #3311] support /etc/apt/sources.list.d/
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 09:41:22 +0300 (EEST)

(Savannah throws a php error at me when trying to create an account so
commenting through mail..)

On Wed, 23 Apr 2003 address@hidden wrote:

> ------------------ Additional Follow-up Comments ----------------------------

> Does this mean that it does not display it in the sources.list editor or
> does it mean that it does not use it when you click update?

Both.

Synaptic doesn't see anything in the sources.list.d directory since it's
doing all the reading and parsing of sources.list by itself. I have
beginnings of a patch to add support for it, it's easy to make it read the
sources.list.d stuff (basically just copy the relevant code from apt-rpm),
editing them sanely is another issue: without proper support for it in the
editor the changes will be written to sources.list instead of the
originating sources.list.d entry. I started work on it as well but
didn't quite finish it (C++ is anything but "native tongue"  for me :).

        - Panu -