RE: [Swarm-Modelling] Crichton's "Prey"

From: North, Michael
Subject: RE: [Swarm-Modelling] Crichton's "Prey"
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 10:59:23 -0500

Steve:

I'd argue that collections of independent agents, interacting locally
with a changing set of neighbors, can learn without evolution, although
this depends on what you identify as the "agents."  If you define agents
as people, then human social systems learn this way.  However, if you
define agent as memes or ideas then the learning requires birth and
death.

Mike