streamtuner-misc

Re: adding my directory to StreamTuner?

From: dmc
Subject: Re: adding my directory to StreamTuner?
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 18:15:01 -0500

> Alec Bennett wrote:
I love StreamTuner and use it primarily for college and community radio around the globe, but was frustated by the fact that you can't listen to streams from Google Directory directly from StreamTuner. I got tired of having to click through to all the homepages, so I made my own directory of streams that makes the "now playing" URL easily accessible.

Is there a reason to make your app specific to one
proprietary search engine?

What about http://clusty.com or others?

Also, is there anything about your app that requires
a proprietary Web browser like the problem-plagued
MS Internet Explorer series?

I avoid Google because they help the Chinese harm
their citizens and refuse to help our government to
protect ours from harm.

I avoid MS because their products are inferior and
overpriced and because they engage in anti-competitive
practices.

Am running Puppy Linux 2.12 here with the Seamonkey
Internet Suite (replaces the Mozilla Suite, parent
to Netscape).  I use Clusty.com as it does most of
what Google does, sometimes faster, and they don't
sell-out.

Just wondering ... :-)

--

Thanks!  David