RE: How to make espeak-ng-mbrola-generic work with orca

From: Mgr. Janusz Chmiel
Subject: RE: How to make espeak-ng-mbrola-generic work with orca
Date: Tue, 26 May 2020 16:48:34 +0200

When I answer espeak-ng-mbrola-generic as a driver question
spd-say will always speak by using Espeak synthesizer, no by Mbrola voice.
I have even uncommented espeak-ng-mbrola-generic driver in the speechd.conf

But without result.
When Orca try to switch to The mbrola it announce nothing, so it seems to me
that something is strenght.
But Mbrola binary have been compiled correctly, because espeak-ng produces
voice output rom run from command line.
Or is it necessary to run Mbrola by using special command so
speech-dispatcher will cooperate with it?

I do not assume, that connection to system bus or to systemd is necessary.
Mbrola C code also do not enforces shared memory so it should even work from
userspace variant of Arch Linux executed by using Termux and Proot.