RE: Please who of us know, who have developed Speech-dispatcher generic

From: Mgr. Janusz Chmiel
Subject: RE: Please who of us know, who have developed Speech-dispatcher generic speech driver and speech-dispatcher-espeak-eng drivers?
Date: Wed, 13 May 2020 15:31:39 +0200

I only had to uncomment The line The value have been allready provided.
It did not help, but it is not yours bug. Pulseaudio which run as a sub
process of Xserver XSDL behaves strengly. Live iNternet radios can work
perfectly thanks to it, but Speech-dispatcher is causing problems.
Standalone Espeak or espeak-ng "hello" produces normal speech.
To avoid complexity, I will use Pulseaudio for Termux, but I need to prevent
Xserver XSDL build PUlseaudio server from running. But speech-dispatcher do
not randomly crashes. I have even tried special shared memory.so for Android
which is universal and run for every Linux distribution, and it also do not
crash even if shared memory is being used.
The biggest disadvantage of espeak-generic speech dispatcher driver is that
it has stopped to be compatible with latest Git release of Orca. I Am
getting bug related to index number and I can not confirm preferences
dialog. it is 100 % bug of Orca Python source module some speech related
Python script. But when I use espeak-ng Orca preferences dialog can be close
without issues.
But I know, that espeak-generic driver is not up to date and it will be may
be never developed, so I will rather use espeak-ng.