Dummy speechd-el output driver possibly for running speechd-el inside em

From: Peter Vágner
Subject: Dummy speechd-el output driver possibly for running speechd-el inside emacs on android
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2017 21:15:57 +0100

Hello,

I know speechd-el is not in rapid development for a few years now however
the more I use it the more I like what I can do with emacs.
For a few months I'm playing with termux on android. It's possible to run a
lot of linux apps on termux for android including emacs. It's even
straightforward to install it without rooting or other tricks.
There is also a way to make linux apps to play sound through libpulse
running on termux and another app directly on the device.
Given all this I would like to try getting speechd-el working with such a
setup.
So I do have emacs, I do have speechd-el, I do have espeak built against
libpulse, however the glue between speechd-el and espeak is missing. I
can't build speech-dispatcher on termux because android pthreads support is
too limited for speech-dispatcher to build there.
Since speechd-el has an API that more output drivers can be running at the
same time or even independently of each other I think it might be more
viable than fighting pthreads on android  trying to create a kind of very
simple output driver for speechd-el.
I wish it to either interface directly with espeak running on termux or
there is even termux specific API that exposes native android TTS to apps
running on termux.

However I don't know elisp besides some little bits I have understood when
editing emacs configuration and I don't think I might be able to move
forward withis idea anytime soon.
So my question is: might anyone else be interested in trying to make this
working?
Is there somewhere such a minimalist speechd-el output driver perhaps
during the development you were using it for testing, for logging or
similar we can get more inspiration from?

What do you guys users as well as developers think about this?

Sorry for taking your time and thanks for your hints.

Greetings

Peter