Speech-dispatcher: do any modules/backends support playing sound-icons ?

From: Luke Yelavich
Subject: Speech-dispatcher: do any modules/backends support playing sound-icons ?
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 12:18:50 +1000

On Sun, May 17, 2015 at 04:36:46AM AEST, Sander Eikelenboom wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm trying out speech-dispatcher and the python module for a project.
> Speech works great, but i'm struggling to to get the "sound-icons" to work.
> The documentation is rather sparse :-(

I can reproduce here. I tried your script in your latter post. I then tried
using the espeak command-line client to play a sound icon, and that worked, so
something is being lost in translation somewhere along the line.

I'll have a closer look at your logs to see if I can spot anything obvious, and
will do some testing of my own to try and track the problem down.

Luke