pkgconfig include path incorrect?

From: Colin Guthrie
Subject: pkgconfig include path incorrect?
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 10:22:59 +0000

Hi,

I've just pushed this patch in our package, but am questioning whether
it is correct/needed.

The include files are put into /usr/include/speech-dispatcher/ folder,
but the pkgconfig file just states that it is /usr/include

http://svnweb.mageia.org/packages/cauldron/speech-dispatcher/current/SOURCES/speech-dispatcher-0.8-pkgconfig-includedir-fix.patch?revision=553723&view=markup

Are users expected to always include e.g. libspeechd.h as
<speech-dispatcher/libspeechd.h>.

Isn't the whole point in a packageconfig file to reduce the this kind of
overhead and allow you flexibility to change the path in the future
(e.g. to speakytalkyshovey2.0) without worry.

It shouldn't break anything (my patch) for people already including it
with the full path, so think it's probably valid.

Thoughts appreciated

[Please CC as not subscribed]

Col

--