broken speech-dispatcher installation

From: Vojtěch Polášek
Subject: broken speech-dispatcher installation
Date: Sat, 05 May 2012 00:04:50 +0200

Hi,
I tried to replace my existing ubuntu speech-dispatcher installation
with that from git, but it failed somehow. Now, I can't restore my
speech back.
I tried several times to purge speech-dispatcher package and reinstall
it again, but it fails to start.
I created new user configuration using spd-conf and it can't start any
modules and every module has in its log file, that /dev/dsp couldn't be
found. I have pulse output module set in my config file.
I am totally confused.
Can you please help me?
Thank you,
Vojta