State of the 0.7.1 release

From: Chris Brannon
Subject: State of the 0.7.1 release
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 10:07:38 -0500

Hynek Hanke wrote:
> Please see commit
>
>     bc77a5025fa82b4c002793eaab518e8a311b2345
>
> and let me know what do you think.

Hello Hynek,
This is clean!

I'd probably move the declaration for speechd_sockets_status out of speechd.h,
since the variable is now encapsulated by accessor functions.
See the attached patch.  The attachment is an mbox file.

Trevor's discussion of arrays versus hash tables is correct, if the
following assumptions are valid.  I think they are.

* A process may only have a certain number of file descriptors open
simultaneously.  We'll call that number MAX_FD.
* Each file discriptor is an int in the range [0, MAX_FD - 1] (inclusive).

If those two statements are true, the size of the array is bounded by
a constant.
We could differentiate between active and inactive records using an
additional field in TSpeechDSocket.
When the array grows, the new entries could be set to 0.

In any case, hiding all of these details with accessor functions is great!

-- Chris