State of the 0.7.1 release

From: Chris Brannon
Subject: State of the 0.7.1 release
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 04:52:36 -0500

Hynek Hanke wrote:
> We have deprecated the
> SPEECHD_PORT environment variable and instead established
> a SPEECHD_ADDRESS variable which can handle both
> communication methods including their parameters and is extensible
*SNIP*
> Autospawn was highly improved

Very nice!

*SNIP*
> Numerous bug fixes were committed. We did a study of
> memory leaks in the server and in the espeak module.

Did you ever see my patch to fix a possible buffer overflow
in the speechd_connection_new() function?
On my machine, I can trigger that overflow by starting too many modules.
I.E., the file descriptor of the first client is greater than
SpeechdStatus.NUM_FDS * 2, so
realloc(SpeechdSocket, SpeechdStatus.NUM_FDS * 2) doesn't allocate enough
memory.

Here's the link to my original message from the archives:
http://lists.freebsoft.org/pipermail/speechd/2010q2/002236.html

-- Chris