all punctuation with espeak-generic?

From: Daniel Dalton
Subject: all punctuation with espeak-generic?
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 20:08:55 +1100

On Mon, Feb 02, 2009 at 09:08:57AM +0100, Hynek Hanke wrote:
>> everything is spoken by my script.
>>
> Could you please list the characters it skips? Are you

See below

> sure in your espeak-generic.conf configuration file
> the item GenericStripPunctChars is empty? Like this:
>
> GenericStripPunctChars  ""

uh, it was commented out, now I uncomment it, and more stuff speaks,
except for <> and \. Posibly others, but speaks more than before.
It seems to break up words eg.
dan iel
or something similar. I put it back to how it was before, because it
wasn't worth sacrificing speaking_words_correctly for speaking most
punctuation (or more punctuation). I'm using braille, so it's just to
speed up lynx web browsing. Anyway, I dunno if you have any other ideas,
but I plan to try my python espeak driver (not really a driver :-)), and
see if it speaks stuff right. The only problem with that is the delay in
processing, when typing for example, it won't be able to keep up...!
and, I think mute_ speech with space m on my braille note is broken with
my driver somehow... I dunno, will need to do this final test and get
back to you.

But these are the results with the default command in
espeak-generic.conf; do you have any other ideas that I could try?

Or is this expected?

Thanks,

Daniel