how to install speechd-el in hardy

From: Jan Buchal
Subject: how to install speechd-el in hardy
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 14:51:46 +0200

    AS> hello, I am not very comfortable with the nitty-gritty of linux.
    AS> I have installed emacs by typing sudo apt-get install emacs my
    AS> speech-dispatcher is also working fine. I would like to use
    AS> speechd-el and emacs as I guess there is some good daisy player
    AS> available there. Could someone guide me step by step?
Hello,

first you can simply try:

apt-get install speechd-el and speechd-el-doc

then you can put in your .emacs:

(global-font-lock-mode t)
(setq speechd-out-active-drivers '(ssip ))
(require 'speechd-ssip)
(speechd-speak)

If you will need braille support, we can explain it later.

Best regards

--

Jan Buchal
Tel: (00420) 24 24 86 008