PulseAudio

From: Gilles Casse
Subject: PulseAudio
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 23:08:10 +0100

Hello Halim,

basic tests have been done to check that the possible operations
(open/play/stop/close) are working using Orca,  gedit or the Orca
preferences window. The PulseAudio volume control tool has been used for
setting separately the volume of each audio stream: audio player,
speech-dispatcher. This tool is not very accessible at the moment
(0.9.4) and sometimes freezes.

The original intent is to check how a PulseAudio back-end can be
compared to a Alsa back-end in a PulseAudio environment. I will check
this on OpenMoko. Btw, the Alsa back-end crashes on my PC, under a
PulseAudio env (0.9.6).

Best regards,
Gilles

--