PulseAudio

From: Gilles Casse
Subject: PulseAudio
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 18:51:18 +0100

Halim Sahin wrote:
> I tested it with ibmtts module under ubuntu gutsy but
> I am not very happy with it!.
> Speech interuption is very slow (not usable) for me.
> The alsa output is very fast and usable on my machine.

Hello Halim,
I did not measure the whole latency for the alsa and pulse back-ends.
Nevertheless, here are some figures regarding the delay between the
spd_audio_stop and spd_audio_play calls using ibmtts:

* Alsa backend: 40ms
* PulseAudio backend: 200ms

The 200ms can be decreased to 100ms, if in
/etc/speech-dispatcher/modules/ibmtts.conf, IbmttsPulseTargetLength is
set to 2210 (instead of 4410).

Best regards,
Gilles

--