Orca and Speech Dispatcher

From: Mírian Bruckschen
Subject: Orca and Speech Dispatcher
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2007 13:12:09 -0300

Hi Tomas!

On 8/3/07, Tomas Cerha wrote:
> Hi M?rian,
>
> ok, as I see now, the orca shell script actually rewrites the value of
> PYTHONPATH variable and ignores its previous value.  This is IMO not
> correct, but for you it means, that the second solution I suggested is
> the only one for now.  So do:
>
> ln -s /lib/python2.4/site-packages/speechd
> /usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages
>
> as root and it should finally help.  At least I hope so...

Yes, it worked! There it is, speech dispatcher option in its place. :)
Thank you very much for your help!

Now speechd (and therefore orca) isn't using the voice I configured it
(or tried) to use. Is this the right place to call for help? Should I
start another thread?

Thank you very much,

--
M?rian Bruckschen