Orca and Speech Dispatcher

From: Mírian Bruckschen
Subject: Orca and Speech Dispatcher
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 17:29:58 -0300

Hi Tomas!

On 8/2/07, Tomas Cerha wrote:
> If you remove the hash at the beginning of the line and run orca from
> terminal, you should see the debugging messages in the terminal.  When
> you then start the preferences dialog, the reason, why orca doesn't see
> speech dispatcher should be printed there.

The problem is Speech Dispatcher version, indeed.

(...)
SPEECH OUTPUT: 'Bem-vindo(a) ao Orca.'
BRAILLE LINE:  'Bem-vindo(a) ao Orca.'
     VISIBLE:  'Bem-vindo(a) ao Orca.', cursor=0
atspi.start: using bonobo.main; gilSleepTime=0.000010
BRAILLE LINE:  'Starting Orca Preferences. This may take a while.'
     VISIBLE:  'Starting Orca Preferences. This ', cursor=0
SPEECH OUTPUT: 'Starting Orca Preferences. This may take a while.'
Speech Dispatcher version 0.6.2 or later is required.
(...)

But, at the same time, I *do* have the right version of Speech Dispatcher:

mirian at mirian-laptop:~$ speech-dispatcher --version
speech-dispatcher 0.6.2
Copyright (C) 2002, 2003, 2006 Brailcom, o.p.s.
Speech Dispatcher comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
You may redistribute copies of Speech Dispatcher
under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
For more information about these matters, see the file named COPYING.

Am I missing something? :(

--
M?rian Bruckschen