Orca and Speech Dispatcher

From: Tomas Cerha
Subject: Orca and Speech Dispatcher
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 23:49:41 +0200

M?rian Bruckschen wrote:
> And now, what can be the problem? Is there any other orca config I may
> be missing to make it see my speechd python module?

Hi M?rian,

ok, as I see now, the orca shell script actually rewrites the value of
PYTHONPATH variable and ignores its previous value.  This is IMO not
correct, but for you it means, that the second solution I suggested is
the only one for now.  So do:

ln -s /lib/python2.4/site-packages/speechd
/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages

as root and it should finally help.  At least I hope so...

Best regards, Tomas