smc-devel

Re: [smc-devel] semi off-topic: malayalam fonts

From: Arun Thomas
Subject: Re: [smc-devel] semi off-topic: malayalam fonts
Date: 09 Jan 2003 01:25:14 -0500

Here's a partial screenshot of http://www.deepika.com/:

http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~at4a/fonts/deepika.png

Mozilla doesn't appear to be rendering the Malayalam characters
correctly.

On Wed, 2003-01-08 at 08:13, Mahesh T. Pai wrote:

> It is likely that you have specified some odd font for 'san serif'
> family under the tab, "user definied" encoding.  If this is your
> problem, please make appropriate changes to the mozilla encoding.

I switched this setting to Verdana. I have this font installed, and it's
truetype. I don't know that this is the problem though, since the problem
text is supposed to be Malayalam.

I don't know if this is relevant, but some of the english pages (e.g.
http://www.deepika.com/education.htm) do not render perfectly,
specifically quotes and apostrophes

> I think you meant GNU/Linux??

Indeed, I did. I am generally more careful about that.

I really appreciate the help.

Thanks again,
Arun