smc-devel

Re: [smc-devel] Malayalam Font doubts.

From: Ramakrishnan M
Subject: Re: [smc-devel] Malayalam Font doubts.
Date: 30 Oct 2002 06:32:01 -0500

 || On Wed, 30 Oct 2002 09:56:29 +0400 (SCT)
 || "Baiju M" <address@hidden> wrote:

 bm> For editing/adding advanced OpenType tables, first you can dump the TTF
 bm> font into XML by using TTX (http://sf.net/projects/fonttools)
 bm> Then you can use any text editor to edit tables (I think emacs has
 bm> a special mode for XML editing).

Thanks.

 bm> Ministry of IT (govt. of India) has suggested a list of glyphs required for
 bm> Malayalam font (http://tdil.mit.gov.in) No problem if we are adding more
 bm> glyps.

But their list is very much inadequate for proper rendering of malayalam text.
We
should definitely add more glyphs in the private area.

 bm> (http://autotrace.sf.net) in PfaEdit.
 bm> then manualy edit the outlines, then will dump into XML after that
 bm> will start editing GSUB,GPOS,GDEF and JSTF tables.

Great!!

 bm> If anyone interested please contact me, I will use our CVS at savannah.

I am busy right now, but will be a bit free after a month or so. Day job is
killing
all the useful time.. :-)

best regards
--