sks-devel

Re: seeking peers for keyserver.hyperboria.net.pl

From: Dan Egli
Subject: Re: seeking peers for keyserver.hyperboria.net.pl
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2020 11:03:58 -0600

On 10/18/2020 2:42 AM, Adam Wojcieszonek wrote:
> Hi Dan
> I observed Segmentation Fault only yesterday. This event happenings lasted
> about 8 hrs and then. I could not determine what was the cause of
> malfunction. My TEMPORARY fix was added automatic restart after failure to
> Systemd. Added commands:
>
> Restart=on-failure
> RestartSec=5sec
>
> ... but last night problem with restarting/SEGV went away spontaneously. This
> is very strange.
>
> My OS is Debian 9. Sks installed from packages.
> Today is first day when SKS looks like working stable without breaks ,errors
> and restarts. If no any troubles next 2-3 days then i'll post my
> configuration here .
>
> Adam

Interesting. I would suggest you run a full hardware diagnostic,
especially on the RAM and CPU. USUALLY, Segfaults appearing and
disappearing at random indicates hardware issues. Granted it's not
ALWAYS the case, but in like >75% it is. Maybe you'll get lucky and it
won't be in your case.

I know Debain is supposed to be a super stable distro, but between it
and it's derivatives like Ubuntu I've had so many problems that I'll
never go back. Like I said in another topic, the only reason my server
is running Ubuntu now is that I had no way to install my PREFERRED
distro (Gentoo) during the virtual server format and didn't want to take
the hassles to migrate to a different distro piece by piece.

--
Dan Egli
On my Test server