sks-devel

Pool status updating on sks-keyservers.net

From: Adam Wojcieszonek
Subject: Pool status updating on sks-keyservers.net
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2020 12:00:29 +0000

I have been watching status of my SKS in the pool and in my opinion something is incorectly with statuses updating. I'm not sure what is the method of testing external SKS servers are online or not. Many times per day pool list is near to be empty. See screenshoot in attachment of this mail. Only can see pod01 and02.fleetstreetops. ...but the rest are physically still online/active.
If the pool status on sks-keyservers.net is based on short "ping" of servers and remote sks-es has a heavy load on the link, this can cause that the wrong information about remote machine returning to main server.
I can see several servers that permanently meet the conditions for participation in the pool but they are thrown out from the pool several times a day.
I think method of pools status update should be adjusted and based on few tests per minute or hour - not only on one shoot.

br

Adam
keyserver.hyperboria.net.pl:11371