sks-devel

Re: Building SKS on Alpine Linux 3.12 with ocaml 4.08

From: Dan Egli
Subject: Re: Building SKS on Alpine Linux 3.12 with ocaml 4.08
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2020 21:40:39 -0600

On 10/14/2020 9:15 PM, Jeremy T. Bouse wrote:
Okay, so I have completed my move and finally had some time to take a look back at trying to get sks.undergrid.net back online and started with trying to rebuild my Docker images which I found the build to be failing in part to the repo change. So I remembered the email here and updated my Dockerfile download location and got the build going again. I was of course getting the latest released version 1.1.6. This time when it built if failed with the following:

[ much deleted for brevity

So reading up some I see it was moved to be expected as an external link but couldn't see any updates to changes in the build pre-requirements. So anyone else ran into this and solved the build issues?

I had a lot of problems getting SKS up and running. I finally found a good idea after talking to some of the gentoo devs on IRC. Add net-misc/sks to your /etc/portage/package.accept_keywords, then emerge sks again, it should grab a DATED version of sks (sks_1.1.6_p20200624). That one compiled fine where as all others seemed to want to die somewhere. Just be sure you have the dev-ml/num package installed first, because that i will be needed and I can't recall if this version includes that or not. Previous versions omitted that dependency.

--
Dan Egli
On my Test server