screen key problem on remote server

From: J. Bakshi
Subject: screen key problem on remote server
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2010 16:34:08 +0530

Hello list,

Coming back once again with a new problem :-) Hope to get some help.

I have configured vim with some shortcuts which are running well on both
local and remote box. Both are suse 11. But in local box when I use vim
through screen I have no problem to use those vim short-cuts like F1, F2
etc...  but in the remote box those shortcuts are not working at all
when using through screen. More over Left,righ,up,down keys are also not
working. here is the .screenrc which I have placed in both local and
remote box

` ` `

shell -$SHELL

# for locale charset
setenv LC_CTYPE en_US.UTF-8
setenv TERM xterm

# X - a fast way to lock the current screen.
bind 'x'
bind 'X' lockscreen

# automatically lock screen after inactivity of a defind interval ( in
second)
idle 1800  lockscreen #half an hour
` ` `

Any idea why it is mal functioning in remote box ?

Thanks

--
জয়দীপ বক্সী